Frequently Asked Questions
We love to clean, and it shows. Tell us about your cleaning needs, and we’ll send you an estimate on the same or next business day.
Yes, we clean offices and commercial properties too! Call us at 347-662-2440 for details.
What are your Covid-19 safety guidelines?
- Health First – We ask that you please refrain from scheduling an appointment if you are under the weather or are experiencing known Covid-19 symptoms like fever or chills, cough, difficulty breathing, tiredness, muscle soreness, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, nasal congestion, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Maintain Social Distance/Sanitize Your Hands – We recommend you are not in your home at the time of the cleaning. If that is not possible, we ask that you wash your hands and wear a mask during the duration of the cleaning, as well as observe at least 6 feet of distance. In addition, we recommend that you open your windows while the cleaning is taking place.
- Masks required – Our members are responsible for wearing a mask at all times during service. If you notice they are not adhering to this guideline, please remind the member they should wear their mask. Please also let our office know if this is your experience
- Changes to appointments – While it is our goal to be able to provide you with a safe, timely cleaning, please note that even if you’ve confirmed service should the provider report experiencing any symptom, we will do our best to find a replacement. If we are unable to do so, and with the safety of your household in mind, we will cancel the appointment.
- Covid-19 Oriented Disinfection – At the time of booking, we will make available to you a list of recommended disinfecting products should you wish to have the member disinfect your home. Please note this will be done once the home has been cleaned. This is a suggested list—remember members will also use any product you prefer and already have in your home.
What is the best way to set up my first appointment?
You can either call our office during business hours (M-F, 9:15 am – 4:45 pm) or you can use our online request form here.
Appointments are available 7 days a week. We generally require a minimum of 48 hours notice to schedule a first appointment. To schedule an by phone , reach us at 347-662-2440, Monday – Friday, 9:15 am – 4:45 pm. You can also request an appointment/estimate here.
Will I always have the same cleaner?
The Cooperative connects customers and self-employed, independent contractors in an initial referral. Please contact your service provider directly if you wish to have them return on a regular basis or for a follow-up visit. You will be furnished with name and contact details prior to your first cleaning.
Who do I pay?
Please pay directly to the cleaner at the end of the visit.
What method of payment do you accept?
Cash or by check (made payable to the cleaner). Many of our members can also accept payment through a cash transfer app. Please confirm with app your provider uses once your receive their name and contact information prior to your appointment.
Should I tip?
Gratuity is not included in the price quote, but tipping is customary on the first visit. We recommend between 10 – 20% of the service price.
How much of the payment goes to the cleaning provider?
100% of the price of the cleaning goes to the provider.
How do I know the person who arrives at my home is with Si Se Puede?
Please ask the cleaning provider to show you her We Can Do It! ID card when they arrive. If the provider doesn’t have their ID with them, please call our office so that we can confirm they are with Si Se Puede.
How long will the cleaning take?
There is no estimated average length for a cleaning, as all homes are different. Si Se Puede does not work on an hourly basis, and we give ourselves enough time to do a very thorough cleaning. When booking your first cleaning, please keep in mind that it might take at least several hours for service to be complete.
May I leave my home during the cleaning?
We recommend that you meet the cleaner at the beginning of service so that you can show them your home, where you keep your supplies, and give any special instructions. Unless you wish to, it’s not necessary to remain for the duration of the cleaning. Please keep in mind our Covid-19 safety recommendations.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule my appointment?
To cancel or reschedule your appointment, please contact the cleaner at least 24 hours in advance via text message to the cleaner’s mobile phone. We will provide you with the cleaner’s name and contact details prior to your first cleaning.
What if something goes wrong?
Please inspect the space before the cleaner leaves so that any oversights can be corrected. If you are otherwise dissatisfied, please contact the office within 24 hours of the service.
I am dissatisfied with the service. What should I do?
Please call us at 347-662-2440 within 24 hours of your cleaning visit. If you are dissatisfied, the cleaning provider(s) can return within 72 hours of the first visit to do any unfinished work.
What’s included in the standard cleaning?
You can see what’s included in our standard cleaning here.
Where does Si Se Puede provide service?
We provide cleaning services throughout the 5 boroughs of New York City.
Do you provide cleaning services in non-residential spaces?
We do! Please call our office to arrange a free consultation.
Does Si Se Puede! provide cleaning products?
Unless the space to be cleaned is completely empty, we ask that customers have the following cleaning materials ready before the cleaning service begins:
- Vacuum cleaner, with attachments & a fresh vacuum bag – in good working condition
- Clean mop or ‘Swiffer’, plus bucket
- Dustpan & broom
- Rubber gloves
- Rags and paper towels
- Toilet brush
- Sponges and brush
- White vinegar
- Empty spray bottle
- Step stool or ladder
Due to the ongoing risk posed by Covid-19, we recommend purchasing one of the following EPA-approved products prior to your cleaning. You can also see a full list of recommended products on the EPA website: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
- Lysol Disinfectant Multi-Surface Cleaner
- Lysol Kitchen Antibacterial Cleaner
- Lysol Disinfectant Wipes (all scents)
- Fantastik Multi-Surface Disinfectant Degreaser
- Fantastik All-Purpose Cleaner
- Scrubbing Bubbles Disinfectant Restroom Cleaner
- Zep Antibacterial Disinfectant & Cleaner
- Zep Quick Clean Disinfectant
- Zep Antibacterial Cleaner
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Clorox Disinfecting Spray
- Clorox Multi-Surface Cleaner
- Seven Generation Disinfecting Multi-Surface Cleaner
- Spray Nine Disinfectant
What cleaning supplies do you use?
We ask that each client provide their own cleaning supplies, including liquids & tools. The reason for this is that everyone has their own preferences and needs when it comes to cleaning products. Some of our customers may be allergic to certain products or have a preference for all-natural cleaning solutions. For your health and ours, we prefer to use the most effective and least toxic products available.